Archbishop Sheen‘s Book of Sacraments - Pathways of Learning with Sr. Maria Pappas on the Catholic Channel
Oct 23rd, 2021 by theschoolofsheen
Sr. Maria Pappas, CR interviews Al Smith as they talk about Archbishop Sheen's Book of Sacraments published by Sophia Institute Press.
His cause for canonization is progressing, and his videos and books are widely viewed and in persistent demand. But of all his writings, Archbishop Fulton Sheen’s most influential and practical guides, by far, are These Are the Sacraments and Three to Get Married.
These two books are once again available in this rich single volume, along with comprehensive commentaries by the late, revered Fr. John Hardon― themselves a powerful tutorial in how to read the great archbishop. “We cannot begin to guard our faith unless we understand what we believe,” notes Fr. Hardon.
Controversy was brewing and confusion sewn among Catholics by the time Sheen wrote these classics. He shies away from nothing, even while teaching traditional doctrine in appealing and unique prose. With Archbishop Sheen and Fr. Hardon as your guides, you’ll learn:
- How Christ Himself instituted each sacrament
- Why the sacraments have both “power and efficacy”
- How Baptism confers “the infusion of virtues”
- Why no sacrament is more significant than any other, though their natures differ markedly
- How Protestantism, even at its most alluring, undermines sound doctrine
- The power and meaning of the tabernacle
- The difference between Christian and non-Christian marriages
- How the Last Rites expel sickness from the soul
- The twelve dimensions of the Sacrament of Holy Orders
- The most critical spiritual strategies for married couples
- How the sacramental rites in the early Church differed from now
- How to “examine” your conscience
- The Old Testament roots of the Eucharist
Here is the link to purchase the book - https://www.sophiainstitute.com/products/item/archbishop-sheens-book-of-sacraments
God Love You.